Wednesday 26 September 2012

Map Ideas

On my navigation interface I want to show the floor plans / maps of the Kelburn campus in a way that uses the correct dimensions and suits the type of technology that it is being presented on, i.e. a fold-up digital pirate map.

Here is an example of a map from of the  Kelburn campus.


I would like to group all maps of the Kelburn Campus so they align with a map of Kelburn Parade and a map of the greater Wellington region.



As my digital pirate map is made out of a material similar to photograph paper I thought that the colour scheme could be mostly black and brown as is similar to photographic negatives, this could change, but here is a sample map with this colour scheme.


This colour scheme is quite dark yet the black outlines of buildings still standout as visible. and the main thing that I want to stand out is the icon of the user and their destination which will be red.

No comments:

Post a Comment