Thursday 29 March 2012

DSDN101 Project 1 Hand In Individual

I Used the cover for the Smashing Pumpkins album Zeitgeist as precedence for my individual work. The object I used is a finger puppet of an Orangutan, this would be transformed into the central figure, the ape, in my drawing.
 My drawing has a foreground of water similar to that of the album cover, it has a central figure, it has a background of buildings roughly based on Wellington buildings, and a sky made of clouds and a sun. Compositionally the two pieces are similar. They are also similar in colour.
I used only the colours black, red, and the white of the paper as the album cover also uses these colours; this is a very minimal amount of colour used, but the fine lines appear to show different colour tones.
The drawing is a two dimensional drawing however the scale of objects as well as shadow gives it depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment