Monday 19 March 2012

Jayden, Ken, Waterfall

My name is Jayden and I want to be a designer. All throughout my life I have consistently liked drawing; this didn't necessarily mean that I was good at it but I stuck with it and I like to think that my ability has improved.

My hobbies include: Hockey, Scouting, Tramping, Music, Guitar, Staying fit, and creating things. My hobbies are likely to become  inspiration for my work. I call 'creating things' a hobby because I use the random bits and pieces that I collect and transform them into pieces of wacky art and gifts. Doing this has allowed me to appreciate the bits and pieces that I collect as materials rather than trash.

Throughout College my favourite subject was graphics. To me graphics was a chance to capture my creative ideas and funnel them into a specific design brief. I enjoyed this type of work at College, I was able to get away from the strictly academic subjects and express myself through design. The next step towards furthering my skills in design was obviously University.

At Victoria University I am majoring in design and minoring in film and media studies. My ultimate goal is a career within the film industry, aspiring to be like Sir Peter Jackson, whether this is in the area of film directing, prop design, set design, or elsewhere, I am yet to decide but I would love having a career where I make a visible contribution.

My future currently appears positive. I am enthusiastic about my first year at University and am looking forward to producing an impressive portfolio of work over the course of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment