Wednesday 5 August 2015

Texture



 Friday I discovered a new tool and how to use it. The Dremel. This is a tool with a similar mechanism to a drill but a different function. Instead of making holes in things it is used for etching and creating texture. My trusty scraps of wood were made into a textural experiment and without fail they produced some visually pleasing results.


Then, over the weekend I went to beervana; an awesome festival about all things beer. Aside from sampling a few and then a few more drinks I kept an eye out for anything relating to materials. What intruiged me was the wristbands that we each were issued as we entered and then discarded once we left. These are ideal for their purpose of money transfer but after they are used apparantly get thrown away. How could I recycle them?
 The white plastic chip contains a copper ring that contains a small amount of data.



The small amount of copper wire could hold potential for creating a single larger object. Or something reactive.





No comments:

Post a Comment