Thursday 29 October 2015

Previous Clear Cast Resin

In the previous project I had explored the properties of Kleer Kast Resin. I had the idea of casting my hair in it and then plaiting the hair into a necklace with the resin part being a pendant of sorts.

Here is how my hair cast experiment turned out. For the mould I used home made play dough with the flat surface exposed to the air.












The hair and resin experiment took a long time to dry and be touchable. This may have been as a result of the dough it was cast in.
The hair was also difficult to work with as the strands went in all directions and I did not have the patience to sort them neatly.










One of my other interests in casting was to create replica Lego pieces. I tried first with sealing wax, then with solder, and finally with resin.
This also took a long time to set, but the result was quite nice, the flexibility of the dough meant that there was a small amount of warping and some of the dough has stuck to the piece, but above all else it looks like a piece that could be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment