Tuesday 13 October 2015

Plastic mockup

For my 21st birthday a year ago I was gifted a bunch of screens and a stand for them; recently I've become near addicted to the Ryobi power tool range, I purchased an amazing white light; therefore I pretty much have my own photography booth ready to set up when I need it.


I continued with my melting of recycled plastic, this time hollowing out a fence post as a circular mould. this was rather laborious with a handheld drill. 
I smacked it out with a hammer and sanded it down a bit. It looked mostly pretty good.









With a second less perfect piece I was able to saw off the excess on an angle so that I had a smooth truncated cylinder. (albeit with a few air bubble holes in it).
This was the start of my idea for a final form that had moving parts involved.
I want to hollow out the main plastic cylinder enough to house the electrical components, then I want to build a wire frame to hold a 3D printed piece above. In between a truncated cylinder will spin around. On top of this  will be numerous wires that will bob up and down in a controlled manner with the spinning.






Seen here, is the two plastic pieces, connected by the motor which is hiding in a hollow.

No comments:

Post a Comment