Saturday 3 October 2015

First motor Test rig.

When we were first given our electrical components I immediately thought I could easily stick something on the end of the motor and have it spin around but that wouldn't be very interesting.

Instead I thought of dividing the power of one spinning motor into several spinning pieces.
I quickly made a piece of plastic which I could cage the other pieces in. The plastic was far from perfect as it had bubbled throughout the piece. The result was still of interest as I could frame the moving components in a darker light of ruin or corruption.
















I quickly thought that I could spin a couple of dowels at the same time, and then eventually have many dowels spinning at once. Start small and dream big.


















I had varied results with this first test. I found if I held the dowels in the right place they sometimes worked. Creating something that held the pieces in place consistently would result in a more impressive model.

At this stage I could continue in this direction or think of other ways I could turn the kinetic energy of the motor into a focussed movement or sound or process.
















No comments:

Post a Comment