Tuesday 16 October 2012

Cut Up and Agitated

Today I experimented with changing colours and images. I found that Images themselves cannot (as far as I know) change colour in processing, so I have cut up a picture of an eyeball and used the space behind it to have a shape created in processing underneath it that changes colour when the mouse is moved quickly, the eye turns red as if agitated.


////////*

int size = 150;

void setup(){
size(500,500);
frameRate(15);
smooth();




}

void draw(){
 
fill(255,255-(mouseX-pmouseX),255-(mouseX-pmouseX));
ellipse (250,250,150,150);
  PImage green;
green = loadImage("Eyeball 2.png");
green.resize (size,size);
image(green, 250-size/2, 250-size/2);
 
}

*//////////

 I think that as far as eyeball picture goes, this is a sloppy method, it looks as if a two year old has attacked a picture of an eye with scissors, I will need to either do the pictures a lot better or create the image on processing as I had originally planned.
The good thing about this is that the colour changing as a result of the mouse moving works very effectively. I will incorporate this into my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment