Sunday 28 October 2012

Music

Any good film has music, and any law abiding film maker has rights to any music used in his films.
I immediately thought of my friends involved in musical acts and asked if I could use their music in my film. The band 'Mantra' released The Bunnyman EP in 2011. I asked my friend Jeremy Richardson, the drummer of Mantra if I could use some of their music


  • Conversation started October 13 

  • 12:57pm
  • Jayden Rhinosaur Hamilton

    Jeremy, I wanted to ask you a massive favour.
    I am making a movie in the next few weeks for a design project and was wondering if you could licence me the use some of Mantra's music in it.
    Everything at University needs to be copyright legal, this gives me a great opportunity to use local music of people I know.
    I am unsure as to who owns the rights to Mantra's music but I was assuming that because you were 1/4 of the creative power behind the group you had 1/4 of the rights.
    If this is the case are you able to allow my use of the music; do you need to consult the others?
    The point of my project is to illustrate the use of a navigation interface of Kelburn Campus and I am turning this into a comedy movie.
    Thanks Jeremy,
  • October 20 
  • Jeremy Richardson

    yeah thats algood man

    I have chosen to use snippets of the tracks for Bunnyman and Flashback as a part of my film.


     I also asked if anyone else had music that they wanted to contribute towards the film, a friend and Actor in the film Anthony wanted to ontribute music. H sent me through some demos and I judged them on how they would fit into the party scene which I required audio for. Unfortunately none of the music fit a party atmosphere.

    From here I had to desperately search for free music online. I used the website http://freemusicarchive.org/ and searched for party music. Almost all music on this webite is free to download but also illegal to edit as it has a no derivitive licence.
    I did however find a track called Black Samba by Juanitos. It is not exactly the kind of party music I was hoping for but it does a good job of creating a lighthearted if ever so seedy atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment